Thursday, September 26, 2013

Let's Hang Out This Fall

this chess set-up is no longer in the Lower Arroyo

Do you mind if I share some calendar information? I'd love to see you, so please come out.




October

starts up again this fall. Instructors and John Sandel (you might know him) lead you through the process of building your story into a viable film script. I highly recommend this class for any writer/storyteller. I never would have been able to write a novel without John's teaching.



October 5

The annual is a low-key, fun book festival in Duarte. I'll be sharing a table with . Margaret and I are going to read your Tarot cards at the festival! I don't know how to read Tarot cards, but I have a deck so why should that stop me?



Other local authors at Duarte will include and Kerry Reis. Lots and lots of authors will be there, local and otherwise, and there will be panels and bookshops (like ) in the park.



October 12

When you sign up for you can win free books, like my novel, . I know, I know, October 12th is a Saturday. I'm not sure how they work it but I'd suggest you sign up before then. The date is subject to change, and I'll notify you if it's not going to happen the week of the 12th.



October 18-20

. What's an author doing at an anime convention? you ask. Well, besides writing Camelot & Vine I voiced a popular anime character, Ryoko the space pirate, in an anime series called "Tenchi Muyo!". "Tenchi" has become a classic, and I love going to conventions and meeting people who love the show.



November 7

is having a party sort of evening. I'll be there from 7:00-8:45pm signing books, meeting people and reading from Camelot & Vine. More details to come on what looks like a fun time in this gorgeous store.



There's more in the new year, with a reading at San Marino's Crowell Public Library January 13, a chat with members of Flintridge Bookstore and Coffeeshop's Brown Bags and Books reading group February 5th, and GATOcon, an anime convention in Kingsville, TX February 22nd & 23rd.



Then maybe your book group, your con, your something-or-other. You never know 'til you ask.



By the way, books make fine holiday gifts!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment