Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bad News, Everyone...

Bad news, everyone: No teen acts are going to the finale of "The X Factor" this year. I checked. The final 3's already been selected, and there are no teen acts going. I guess this means I'm not going to be watching "The X Factor" again for a long time, especially with "Raising Hope" still airing stubbornly like a Democrat (of course), and this stupid, illegal, and "TV-MA"-rated "Animation Domination Hi-Def" hour on Saturday nights at 11 instead of after midnight. I also guess this means I won't be watching "American Idol" this coming season either, even though Jennifer Lopez is back. Maybe I should start watching "The Voice" even though no teen has ever won on that show either. But in the end, it doesn't matter to me. I know I don't need to use images of famed celebrity teen girls for drawing purposes. I can just use ordinary images instead. Oh, and I have a feeling this morning's "Pearls Before Swine" comic strip has caused complaints and outrage. This week's storyline involves imagining if "Calvin and Hobbes" are adults. Today's strip is portraying Hobbes as a far-right conspiracy theorist who claims Barack Obama is the Antichrist. Oh boy. I may just have to send an email to Stephan Pastis, one that is critical of this strip and telling him that this is not the content I wish to read in it. The strips I wish to read involve the idiot crocs who are always trying to kill Zebra but fail because they're so stupid. Those are the popular strips, whereas "political" strips are just not popular because Stephan is a liberal. And this is true. Stephan has always claimed to set up Rat, the main character, as your typical far-right stereotype. Never mind that Rat has made fun of capitalism before and is also an open occultist, not what you'd expect from a right-wing extremist. So yeah, before the day is over I may just send Stephan Pastis an email demanding that he stop inserting his politics into his strip and start featuring more idiot croc strips instead. Well, that just about wraps it up for this week. By the way, I've been doing editing for my "Greatest Family-Friendly Anime, Manga and Japanese Video Game Franchises of All Time" list, and there are only 4 franchises left that are still family-friendly in a sense. They are: 1. The Nintendo-SEGA Universe, mainly the franchises of "Pokemon", "Mario", "Donkey Kong" and "Sonic the Hedgehog". The "Mario" and "Donkey Kong" franchises are the best video game series of all time, and "Pokemon"'s anime adaptation is the longest-running anime series ever if you consider each incarnation of it under a different title. And "Sonic the Hedgehog" is SEGA's best-selling video game series of all time. So this is the best children's and teen's Japanese video game combined franchises ever. 2. "Astro Boy" (actual Japanese name translates to "Mighty Atom"). I consider this the best children's anime/manga franchise ever made, despite the fact that the original series portrayed America as warmongering and the 2009 movie may have contained a hidden message making fun of George W. Bush. 3. "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon". This will be considered the best anime/manga ever made for teenage girls. Soon, the series will be completely rebooted and will re-start later this month or in January. The question is if it will also air here in the United States. 4. "No Need for Useless Tenchi!" (the Japanese name is "Tenchi Muyo!"). And this is the best anime/manga ever made for teenage boys. And those are the best pieces of animated entertainment from Japan in each category. So that wraps it up for the week. I don't care who wins "The X Factor" since no teenage act will win this year. But I'm sure the teenage act in next year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade will have been an "X Factor" contestant from this season. I'm now going to watch some more train DVDs while I continue doing my exercise for the day. I'm hoping that a few train DVDs related to Christmas will show up under the tree this year, and if not maybe I'll order them using the Amazon gift cards I know I'm going to receive as I've been receiving starting this past year. So, goodbye everyone, and have a Merry Christmas!
Full Post

No comments:

Post a Comment